When should I arrive for my massage?
Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your appointment start time, so you can relax with some water or tea in our beautiful environment before your treatment begins. You will also fill in our New Guest Registration Form, where we ask that you record any medical history, past/present injuries, or other physical conditions we should be made aware of. Your massage therapist will then greet you and review the Guest Registration Form with you. They will ask why you are coming for a massage – it is important to communicate those needs to your therapist, as this is your time for healing and relaxation.
What do I wear to my massage?
Whatever you like! Before your massage begins, your therapist will leave the room so that you can undress to your comfort level.
Am I covered during my massage?
All of our massage therapists are trained to be professional and use appropriate draping techniques to make you feel comfortable and relaxed.
Do I tip after my appointment?
Gratuity is always appreciated. A typical gratuity for a 60-minute service ranges from $16-$25. A typical gratuity for a 90-minute service ranges from $19-$30.
Can a minor receive a massage?
At Ojas massage services are provided to clients 18 years or older.
Skin Care & Waxing FAQs
What should I expect at my first facial?
Our personalized facials will help heal, invigorate, and repair your skin.
What happens during my facial?
A lot of healing! First, your facial begins with a skin evaluation to determine the right products for your skin type. Your skin will then be deeply cleansed and exfoliated, and your blemishes will be extracted and nourished. A masque application using products such as Sour Cherry and Yogurt Power Peel will leave your skin refreshed, rejuvenated, and glowing. You’ll also be treated to a luxurious facial massage!
When should I arrive for my facial appointment?
Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your appointment start time, so you can relax with some water or tea in our beautiful environment before your facial begins. You will also fill in our New Guest Registration Form, where we ask that you record your skin care habits, any medications you’re on, and any known pre-existing skin conditions. Your aesthetician will then greet you and review the Guest Registration Form with you in detail. Together, you will discuss the reasons you are coming for a facial.
What do I need to do before my facial appointment?
Preparing for a facial is quite easy! Just avoid exfoliating a few days prior to your treatment. This will prevent your skin from becoming too thin and sensitive.
Can I wear makeup to my facial?
Yes! There is no need to remove any makeup or creams before your treatment, as cleansing is part of your service.
How do I prepare for a waxing appointment?
Many clients have questions about waxing etiquette. Here are a few tips to make sure your waxing appointment goes smoothly.
- Please arrive at least five minutes before your appointment start time.
- For the best results, your hair should be about 1/4 inch long when you arrive (about the length of a grain of rice). For the right amount of growth, don’t shave, wax, or pluck the treatment area for at least 10 days before your appointment. If your hair gets too long, trim it with scissors or an electric razor before you arrive.
- Please abstain from Retinol, Retin A, AHAs, BHAs, etc. for 5-7 days prior to waxing appointment or skin cannot be waxed.
- Exfoliating the area to be waxed a day or two before your appointment may inhibit ingrown hairs from forming.
- Take a mild pain medication 30 to 60 minutes before your appointment. This precaution helps with any pain sensitivity that may occur.
- Bathe or shower the day of your treatment and don’t apply lotions or creams. Oily or slick skin will keep the wax from adhering properly and will make hair removal difficult.
- Due to increased sensitivity, women should avoid bikini and Brazilian waxing within four days of their menstrual cycles.
- Clients who have sunburns or are currently taking medications that cause skin thinning or sensitivity should avoid waxing.
Can a minor receive Facial and Waxing Services?
At Ojas facial and facial waxing services are provided to clients 14 years or older. Facial waxings include: brow, lip, chin, cheek and hairline. Any other waxings are only provided to clients 18 years or older.